Okay, there are a few things you need to get your head around to understand this one.
- Disney recently bought Fox, which means they now own the film rights to the characters featured in the X-Men movies.
- The X-Men characters spring from Marvel comics, the happening House of Ideas which begat the wildly successful, record-breaking, pop culture-dominating Marvel Cinematic Universe, and so the smart money is on Disney folding the X-Men into the MCU. Somehow.
- The smart money is also on a complete reboot of the X-Men, including recasting every role, which means the Boy From Oz, Hugh Jackman, is not going to be playing Wolverine, aka Logan, aka Weapon X, again (and after his brilliant final turn in Logan, nor should he).
- Wolverine the character is Canadian.
- And so is Letterkenny creator and star Jared Keeso.
See where we’re going with this?